Florida Humanities Announces Book Festival Grants!
Date: May 10, 2022
Florida Humanities’ Book Festival Grants provide funding to eligible Florida nonprofit organizations to support events that celebrate the joy of reading, encourage thoughtful interactions between authors and their readers, and reflect on how literature conveys the human experience.
Proposed programming may occur over a single day or multiple days. Events can occur virtually, in person, or in a hybrid format and may include authors from or residing in Florida as well as those from outside the state.
Eligible events should include some or all of the following elements:
- author and illustrator talks and signings
- author and illustrator panel and discussions
- writing workshops
- keynote addresses
Funding Highlights and Key Dates:
- Funding Amount: Up to $10,000
- Cost Share: Minimum 1:1 cost share is required.
- Deadline to apply: Submit your application no later than four months prior to the event.
- Notification: Within 30 days of application submission.
Applications will be accepted from Florida-based organizations constituted for nonprofit purposes, including colleges and universities.
Festivals in their first year of operation must be connected to an established sponsoring organization that can demonstrate significant experience or a long-term commitment to literary-focused programming.